Reclaiming blinds to use on Teacher Gifts

It is officially SUMMER at my house!!  School got out yesterday and we have been out enjoying the heat...slip n slide style!  Then we head up to Breckenridge for five days on Sunday evening.  We are SO ready for a vacation!

Before I take a short break from blog land, I decided to share my kid's teacher gifts!  I think they turned out totally adorable, and I actually had one extra.  Score!  (I am sure I can find a good use for it)

MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
Some of you may remember when I posted my Reclaimed Fence Wood Crates.  At the end of that post I had the idea to make crates for teacher gifts.  Well, this stash of fence wood was all used up on these gifts, I will have to get some more wood!

So if you noticed in the above photo, I said these cost me two dollars.  That is right, two dollars each! Super awesome!  The money was spent on the cute flowers, they were only a dollar each at the grocery store and I put two in each crate.  (Thank goodness I saw these, I was struggling with what I was going to fill them with!)

The rest of the supplies I had on hand.  Old fence wood and rope, both of which I got for free.
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
Next we come to the cute chalkboard labels.  They were blinds I got for free on craigslist.  I have had these ends just sitting around and they were the perfect size.  I have already repurposed these blinds Here and Here.
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
I gave them three coats of chalkboard paint.
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
Once they were dry I covered the whole surface with chalk then wiped it off.  They were ready!  I simply nailed them on the side of each crate with carpet tacks and I was done!
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
School supplies anyone?  Or craft supplies?  Any kind of supplies?
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
If you are new here then you might wonder why I didn't show you how to make the actual crate...well I  have a few tutorials on my project page, just click on one of the crate links and most of them will show you how to make one.  I warn you though.....making crates is very addicting!

And I am a complete addict!  It is good, because it makes people happy!
MyLove2Create, Reclaiming Blinds to use on Teacher Gifts
If you don't have any blinds to repurpose into cute chalkboard board labels you can always repurpose something else, or just cut a thin piece of wood and use that!

Oh, and I forgot!  Come back Monday, I am going to share what I did for the school secretary.  Simple but cute!

Hugs!
Mindi

I will be linking to these parties.

Share:

29 comments

  1. These look a-MAH-zing! Oh Mindi, you never stop impressing me! Seriously...I think you're super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindi!!!! You did it again!!! These are hands down the best teacher gifts I have ever seen! They are awesome!!! You could use them for so many things! If I was still teaching I would keep it on my desk facing out!!! Or I would use it for my reading group table....the possibilities are endless! Way to go and enjoy your vacation!! It sounds like a fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-4.html
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I'm a teacher and have never received anything as lovely as this! Following.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I so wish my kids were STILL in school....what a great gift! Love the boxes and I can think of a few other ways I could use them..great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute! I would love to give this as a gift to my daughters' teachers...thanks for such a wonderful idea! Visiting you from Diana Rambles link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea! They are so cute and will actually get used :-) Thanks for the idea!

    http://thisfineday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! I am sure the teachers loved their crates. You are so creative! :) Hope you are having a fun time in Breckenridge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the teacher crates Mindi! the rope handles are the icing on the cake as well as the adorable chalkboards.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have been hard pressed to give these away, they're adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Saturday Spotlight.

    April
    Angels Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my such lucky teachers! Love your project! I am pinning this to gift ideas board. xo Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these boxes! Thank you so much for linking up. Hope to see more from you on my next linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These crates are just the cutest things!!! I'm addicted already and I haven't even made one yet! Cannot wait to do this! So glad I happened upon this post.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!! Our kids don't get out till mid June so I'm in the midst of trying to come up with something for my son's teachers. These are great! And I love how you repurposed the blinds! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its a great example that we should use wood blinds in many work. We can use to send some one gift or for any other purpose as well.

    blinds perth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I want to be a teacher if you're giving those! Thanks for linking it up at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been featured at Give Me The Goods! Be sure to grab a button http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/06/features-no11-from-give-me-goods.html
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I commented how great these were when you first did them and I still love them! You could use them for so many things. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at our Get Your DIY on Party! Hope to see you again Sunday with your thrifty Halloween project :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. great awesome very nice gift ideas...................


    woman vashikaran mantra

    ReplyDelete
  20. very very nice blog. love is very good feeling in true lover and gift is the way to look your love feeling.

    how to get my lover back

    ReplyDelete
  21. good collection of plants... i like flowers........... amazing look... and good idea of a gift choosing

    get my lost lover back and Mantra for vashikaran

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these kinds of projects made with reclaimed or upcycled materials! Thanks for stopping by the Outdoor Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its a great example that we should use wood blinds in many work. We can use to send some one gift or for any other purpose as well.
    get lost love back

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! I love to hear what you think!