Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall

I love garage sales and will often drive around just to look.  On most occasions no treasures catch my eye, especially if the prices are too high.

I usually only carry a few dollars anyway, I am super cheap!  So when I walked up to one and found an ugly dirty mirror for $2 I was stoked!!!  Here is a little preview of the transformation:

This is how it looked after I bought it, pretty blah right?



Lets get a closer look:




Eeewww!  I cleaned and scrubbed and sanitized.  It was worth it for 2 bucks.


After it was all nice and clean I taped it off.

Now for some fun with my best friend:






I love this Rust-oleum's spray paint!  It is one of my faves and goes on with great coverage!  I highly recommend it, and no I am not getting paid to say this.


 I primed it up with the white, and made sure the metal flower part got extra coverage.  Then when it was dry I taped off the metal flower part (not shown).


I gave it a couple of coats of Gloss Berry Pink!  So fun!

Here she is all hung and pretty in my daughter's room!  Truly a mirror fit for a princess!


Now a little closer look:


 Ahhh much better!  And for 2 bucks! (plus spray paint)  Makes one happy mamma, and my daughter, well she LOVES it!  Happy day!

I love taking something old and making it look new again.  Have you transformed any cool garage sale finds?

Lots of Love!
Mindi

I will be linking to these parties.

Share:

1 comments

Your comments make me smile! I love to hear what you think!