Chippy Decor Box

I believe copying is the highest form of flattery.  That is why we pin things so we can copy the great ideas that others have.  It is also why people have blogs, so they can share their ideas and help others create!

So today I have a project that combines the great ideas from two blogs I love!  I got the idea for this cute box from Whitney's build at Shanty2Chic.  The chippy paint job (my first ever attempt) was inspire by Becky at Beyond the Picket Fence.  Love these girls!  You should go check them out, after you read my post of course!

Here is my version:

 Isn't it cute!  I was lucky to score some old sun room wood which is what I made the whole box out of, and the best part.... it was free!
This is the stash I have leftover, some good things are sure to come from this pile hiding behind my shed...
Does anyone like cream soda?  My husband does....and all my kids.  We don't drink it often, but when we got some in these cute bottles from my in-laws house I knew I had to buy at least one six pack....
So I could use them for this.

So I spent less than $10 on this project, here is an estimated breakdown:

Wood- Free
Screen Door handles- Under $2
Bottles- Some free, one pack of IBC cream soda, under $4
Flowers- two bunches at Hobby Lobby on clearance under $4 for both

I am still trying to decide if I like the flowers...my friend suggested I paint them yellow....what do you think?
Thanks so much for stopping by!  

If you like this please consider following me, I have TONS more great projects on the way!
Now go check out my inspiration blogs!

Lots of Love,
Mindi

I will be linking to these parties.

Share:

7 comments

  1. On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, how difficult or easy is this project for a beginner that has a fear of tools?

    Seriously cute and seriously wanna make one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I would say a 3, just because of your fear, other than that it is a perfect easy beginner project! The hardest part for one with a fear of tools would be cutting the boards to length. If you cut all the boards, by the end you probably wouldn't be afraid any more....The first time is always the scariest. You could totally make this!

      Delete
  2. Love your wooden chippy box! the color is awesome!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute,, love the color and the screen door handles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute Mindi! I thought for sure you had found the box at a flea market or something and painted it. And lucky you to score that old wood!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice ! Thank for share this great tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile! I love to hear what you think!